- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons baking soda
- 10-20 drops peppermint essential oil (or any essential oil you prefer)
- xylitol powder, optional
- optional: you can also add Bentonite Clay and Black Walnut hull powder (thanks to the commenter who suggested these additions!)
- Melt the coconut oil, if necessary.
- Add baking soda to the coconut oil and stir with a fork until it forms a paste.
- Add the peppermint essential oil and optional xylitol powder. I used closer to 20 drops of essential oil, and about 1/2 tablespoon of xylitol powder (I used granulated xylitol and ground it in the coffee grinder to make a powder.).
- Mix all together and store in a covered glass jar.
I get my essential oils from Rocky Mountain Oils or Vitacost (That’s my referral link. If you order through this link and you’ve never ordered from Vitacost before, you’ll get $10 off your order (of $30 or more), and I’ll get $10 for referring you!).