I first came across the idea of Circle Time from Kendra at Preschoolers and Peace. I liked the idea of having a time to focus on the most important things first. At least, that’s what Circle Time is for us. It’s a time to focus on memorizing Bible verses and poems, singing together and hymn study, prayer, character building, and much more.
I found the idea for the prayer schedule from Tara. It’s nice to have a plan to focus on each day of the week:
Behind the “Songs and Hymns” divider, I have the songs we plan to learn /memorize.
Here are some of the devotional/character building resources I plan to use this year:
- The Child’s Scripture Catechism
- Right Choices
- A Mother’s Gift
- Honor Your Father and Mother
- Write Upon My Heart~Kindness
Other resources we have on our shelves that I may also use:
- Lamplighter books (read aloud)
- Pictures from Proverbs with accompanying coloring books (love these!)
- Draw to Learn~Proverbs (we started these but haven’t finished them yet-the children beg to do these!)
- For Instruction in Righteousness
- Character Building for Families
- Write Upon My Heart~Meekness
- Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends
- The Richest Christian Game (This is such a great game, and it’s a family favorite!)
Do you plan a Circle Time into your school day?