- The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child’s Heart for Eternity, by Sally Clarkson–This is probably my favorite book on motherhood, and I return to it again and again for encouragement.
- A Mother’s Heart: A Look at Values, Vision, and Character for the Christian Mother, by Jean Fleming–This is a newer favorite of mine (from my booklist last year).
- The Ministry of Motherhood: Following Christ’s Example in Reaching the Hearts of Our Children, by Sally Clarkson–I love all of Sally’s books!
- Feminine Appeal, by Carolyn Mahaney–This book covers more than just the topic of motherhood, but that is included as well.
- A Woman After God’s Own Heart, by Elizabeth George–This is another all-time favorite book that encourages me in my Christian walk, therefore making me a better mother.
- The Mom Walk: Keeping in Step With God’s Heart for Motherhood, by Sally Clarkson
- The Duties of Parents, by J.C. Ryle–Someone sent us this little book after the birth of our second child years ago, and it has been a favorite ever since.
- Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches, by Rachel Jankovic–This book will encourage those who are surrounded by little ones!
I love to read books on my mothering role, as it brings a renewed focus, vision, and energy to my days. What are your favorite books on motherhood?