- My Testimony: The story of how I was lost and full of despair as a 16-year-old girl, trying to escape through drugs, alcohol, and partying. But my faithful mother prayed fervently for me, and a man she had never met before walked up to her at church and said, “God told me to tell you that your prayer has been answered.” And she knew it was her prayers for me that he was referring to. Shortly after that I became a Christian!
- Our Van: The transmission went out on our van, and we had no money to pay for a new one. So my husband’s parents bought us one! Completely paid for! And it’s been serving us well for about 8 years now.
- The time some very kind friends anonymously sent us $7,000 in the mail (in CASH!), during a very lean season.
- The $100 bill that someone from church slipped under the blanket in our first baby’s car seat (over 14 years ago). I found it a couple days later, and we never knew who gave it to us, but we needed the money right then, and God used their generosity to help and encourage us.
- The $2,000 my husband’s brother sent us as a “housewarming gift” when we moved into our new-to-us house three years ago. A very needed and much-appreciated gift!
- The $200 someone from church anonymously left in our van one Sunday morning a year or two ago when we were going through a really hard time financially. Sweet friends!
- Our love story, and how God miraculously brought my husband and me together.
- My husband. He’s a true gift and blessing.
- Each of our five children. Five beautiful blessings.
- The time we were considering giving up on tithing (because we didn’t seem to have the money to do it), and asking God to reveal His will in this, and we got an anonymous letter in the mail (along with some money) that said on the back of the envelope in bold letters, “KEEP ON TITHING, GOD IS GOOD TO THE RIGHTEOUS.”
- The time some other dear friends sent us hundreds of dollars to help pay some medical bills (last year). That’s true love. ♥
- The time my husband and I were praying about what it really means to walk in the Spirit, and a man called us out of nowhere and said his heart was to help Christians learn to walk by the Spirit.
- The precious gift a friend sent me after I gave birth to my 4th baby and was feeling a bit discouraged. The box was full of hand-sewn dresses for my girls, toys for my toddler son, and so much love. I’ll always be grateful to her for showing love to me in that tangible way.
This is beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving!
This was so encouraging to me. I only wish that I'd read it earlier in the day so that I could find some stones. I'm going to do it for the Advent season instead. Did you use a paint pen or a permanent marker?
It's been a difficult month. My dear friend died and my mother-in-love died, both suddenly and unexpectedly. I need to focus on the positive so that my family can have the best Christmas season possible.
Thank you for helping me see this.
Harvest Lane Cottage
What a great idea to write down on 'remembrance stones' God's gifts!
I find it so important, as well, to remember to be thankful 🙂
I LOVED reading all the ways that God used other's to bless your family! He is so faithful to encourage us right when we need it! I have learned that it is impossible to be negative and thankful at the same time. The only way to get rid of negativity is to be thankful. Thanks once again for the great reminder! Maybe I should read this post every day. 🙂 I would love to be able to share our testimonies together one day! Ours sound very similar. Where would we all be without God's grace, love, and the intercessory prayers of faithful saints? Have a wonderful day!
I lOVED reading this! It is so easy to complain rather than praise! Our pastor spoke this Sunday about coming to God with a thankful heart before we ask him for help. We have so much to be thankful for. I love your blog! So inspiring.
Leave a Reply