Supplies Needed for Easy No-Bake Gingerbread Houses
Affiliate links included below. Read my full disclosure here.
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make your own easy no-bake gingerbread houses.
- Graham Crackers (you’ll need 7 squares for each house)
- 1 batch of icing (see below for recipe and instructions)
- Quart size zipper freezer bags (I recommend not getting the cheapest brand, as they’ll rip! Discount grocery stores are a good source for these bags.)
- Packing tape (for sealing the bags)
- Candy for decorating
- Round piece of cardboard for a base (we like to use these, but you can also cover any piece of cardboard with freezer paper, and that works just as well)
Royal Icing Recipe
It’s very important to use the right icing recipe, in order for the houses to stick together. This is the royal icing recipe we use, and it dries as hard as glue!
To make royal icing you’ll need:
Easy No-Bake Gingerbread Houses Royal Icing Recipe
- 3 egg whites or meringue powder I use meringue powder: 6 tsp meringue powder + 6 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- Beat the egg whites (or meringue powder + water) with an electric mixer at high speed.
- Add cream of tartar and beat until mixture is somewhat stiff.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating after each addition. Beat on high until it's very stiff. You want the peaks of icing to be able to stand up straight.
Easy No-Bake Gingerbread Houses
Decorate Your Gingerbread House
Pin it for Later