You know how you make plans and then nothing turns out as you expected? Well, that’s exactly what happened to my spring break plans. Pretty much nothing went as planned. But, lots of good things still happened, so it all turned out okay. But, boy, was it crazy! 🙂
- First, we had a miserable cold going through the family (I prayed and prayed, and I’m so thankful that I never got it!).
- We totally cleaned our whole basement, which was a really, really good thing. I’m loving having a newly cleaned and organized space to work, do school, craft, etc.
- I gave 5 haircuts in one afternoon.
- I took my oldest to get her driver’s permit. To celebrate such a huge milestone (our first child to drive!), I took her out for a salted caramel mocha.
|Our new driver. 🙂|
- After years of insisting on using checks and cash, I finally entered the modern age and activated my bank card. This was huge for me. And then the first time I used it, it was declined (due to a bank error when they set up the card). It was so embarrassing, but I’m thankful that at least I had enough cash in my purse to pay for the coffee and lunch I bought for myself and my daughter!
- I spent a whole afternoon with a friend and loved the fellowship (but didn’t get to the things on my to-do list–I decided it was worth it). 🙂
|We ♥ Aldi!|
- My husband and I took the seats out of our van, filled it up with stuff from our basement clean out, and made a huge donation to the thrift store. Then we did our monthly grocery shopping.
- My grandma (who I hadn’t seen in 10 years!) came to stay the week with my parents. I tried to see her as much as possible while she was here, since I never get to see her. I’m so thankful for the happy memories I have of our visit!
|Trim Healthy Mama “Earth Milk”|
- I started my first Trim Healthy Mama “Fuel Cycle,” which is supposed to help rev up your metabolism. When I picked this week to start, I had no idea that it would be filled with social engagements! It was really difficult sticking to it with all the activity, but I made it! Now I’m on my second week. I’ll share more about that in a future post (what I’ve been eating and the results I’ve seen).
- I went to a lovely spring garden party with my girls. We had such a fun time dressing up and enjoying an afternoon of fellowship. I’ll share more about that later, also (with lots of photos!).