Simple Breakfast Casserole (THM-S)
- Roll of sausage (pork or turkey—either work fine)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, and salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into a 9″x 13″ casserole dish.
- Add the cooked sausage to the egg mixture in the pan, sprinkling it evenly over the casserole.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until the casserole is set in the middle.
To Prepare in Advance:
- Assemble the casserole in the evening, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove the plastic wrap and put the casserole in the oven (without preheating first). Then turn the oven on and set temperature at 350 degrees.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (might take closer to 40 minutes since it will be cold).