These chocolate no-bake cookies with honey are delicious and healthy! They’re a huge hit at our house. My kids love to mix up a batch of these healthy cookies.
Chocolate no-bake cookies are a traditional, classic treat in my family. My mom usually makes them for get-togethers, and everyone loves them.
Even though I love the traditional cookie just the way it is, I wanted a healthier version. I was looking for a cookie I would feel good about my children eating on a regular basis.
Enter this chocolate no-bake cookie with honey recipe. This recipe is one we’ve been making for over 15 years now!
I discovered this recipe when my children were little, and they loved helping me mix up a batch. Now that they’re older, they make them for me!
This cookie is sweet enough for a simple dessert, but they’re also great for a snack. They’re made with real food ingredients like milk, butter, oats, and honey, which are ingredients I feel good about feeding my family.
Chocolate No-Bake Cookie Notes
- The recipe calls for butter, but you can substitute coconut oil for the butter.
- Instead of cocoa powder, you can substitute carob powder.
- Either old fashioned oats or quick oats will work in this recipe.
- For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free oats.
- Use any milk for this recipe. We usually use whole milk, but you can also try nut milk or coconut milk (I haven’t tried the coconut milk yet).
Affiliate links included below, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure here.
Supplies Needed for This Recipe
Here are some basic supplies needed to make chocolate no-bake cookies with honey:
- Glass measuring cup
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large saucepan
- Cookie sheet
- Waxed paper or parchment paper
How to Make Chocolate No-Bake Cookies with Honey
One of the great things about this recipe is how simple it is.
First, line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper.
Mix the first four ingredients (milk, butter, cocoa powder, water) together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and add honey, vanilla, and oats, mixing well.
Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the lined cookie sheet.
Chill until firm in refrigerator or freezer (usually takes a couple of hours for them to firm up).
More Naturally-Sweetened Recipes to Try:
- Easy Healthy Homemade Granola with Honey
- Easy Healthy Hot Cocoa Recipe
- Gluten Free Homemade Honey Popcorn Balls
- Strawberry Pie Sweetened with Honey
Chocolate No-Bake Cookies with Honey Recipe
Chocolate No-Bake Cookies with Honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups oats
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Set aside
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the milk, butter, cocoa powder, and water. Heat until butter melts, then bring to a boil and boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and add the honey, vanilla, and oats. Mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Chill until firm in the freezer or refrigerator.
- Store cookies in the refrigerator in an airtight container.