This is our favorite homemade granola recipe. It’s sweetened with honey, and so easy to make! This recipe is perfect for a quick breakfast or snack.
Best Homemade Granola
Years ago, when my kids were young, I started searching for the best healthy homemade granola recipe. I tried so many different recipes before landing on this one!
There are so many variations out there, but this one is the best we’ve tried!
Once I found this one, I decided it would be our primary granola recipe. It’s easy to make, tastes great, and turns out reliably every time.
How to Make Homemade Granola
Have you ever wondered how to make homemade granola from scratch? It’s such an easy process!
The recipe just requires oats, honey, seeds, nuts, and a few other basic ingredients.
All you have to do is grab a big bowl, mix everything together, and bake.
Once the granola has baked, let it cool and then store it in an airtight container.
You can serve it with milk (or nut milk) as a cereal, or you can also sprinkle it on yogurt. My kids like to eat handfuls of it plain, right after it comes out of the oven!
This also makes a great gift idea! Just add the finished product to a Mason jar or other cute container, add a label and a recipe card, and it’s ready for gifting!
Supplies Needed to Make This Recipe
Affiliate links included below. Read my disclosure here.
Here are the supplies I use when making homemade granola.
- Rolled oats
- Whole wheat flour
- Unsweetened coconut
- Slivered almonds, or other nuts
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla (learn how easy it is to make your own here)
RELATED POST: How to Make Homemade Vanilla Extract
In addition to the above ingredients, you can also add dried fruit after the granola is done cooking. We usually leave ours plain, but it’s fun to add things like chocolate chips, dried cranberries, or other add-ins to the finished product.
Homemade Granola Recipe
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flaked or shredded
- 1 cup slivered almonds (can substitute other nuts)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine oats, flour, coconut, nuts, and seeds together in a large mixing bowl, and stir together.
- Put coconut oil in a small saucepan and heat on low heat until the oil is melted. Add oil to the oat mixture in the mixing bowl, and stir.
- Add honey, vanilla, and cinnamon to the other ingredients, and stir well.
- Spread mixture out on the greased baking sheet. Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring after first 15 minutes and then again towards the end of cooking time.
- After the granola has lightly browned, remove from the oven and let cool completely. Then transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to two weeks. It can also be frozen for longer storage.