Peppermint sugar scrub is so easy to make! Here’s how you can make your own DIY peppermint sugar scrub. It’s a great handmade Christmas gift idea!
After making my own sugar scrub several years ago, I realized how incredibly simple sugar scrub is to make! With just 3 simple ingredients (that you probably already have in your pantry), you can have a homemade gift ready in just a few minutes!
This is seriously one of my favorite handmade gift ideas ever. Here are some of the merits of peppermint sugar scrub:
- It’s simple!
- It’s inexpensive!
- It’s quick to make!
- And, it’s a clutter-free gift!
If you have a friend who likes natural skincare products, this handmade sugar scrub might be the perfect gift idea!
Peppermint Sugar Scrub
Affiliate links included below. Read my full disclosure here.
What you need to make your sugar scrub:
This couldn’t be simpler to make! If your coconut oil is solid, melt it in the microwave or on the stove top. Don’t let it boil or get too hot, you just want it melted.
Add the cup of sugar to the bowl of melted coconut oil, and stir to mix it all together.
Add 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil (I use 15 drops) and mix well.
Place the completed sugar scrub into a jar, and you’re done! I found this cute glass jar at a local store, but these jars are similar.
Free Printable Gift Tags
Don’t forget your free printable gift tags! Download the printable tags here.
I used some red and white baker’s twine to tie my gift tags onto the jar. I love how festive the baker’s twine makes it look!
Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 10-15 drops peppermint essential oil
- If your coconut oil is solid, melt it in the microwave or on the stove top. Don't let it boil or get too hot, you just want it melted.
- Add the cup of sugar to the bowl of melted coconut oil, and stir to mix it all together.
- Add 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil (I use 15 drops) and mix well.
- Place the completed sugar scrub into a jar or other container. Tie with baker's twine, add the free printable label (from the original blog post), and you're done!
This is another recipe that’s very kid-friendly and a great one to have them help you make!
Easy Handmade Cinnamon Ornaments