Today we start week 2 of the Mom Makeover Challenge.
This week’s focus is a tough one for me because honestly I haven’t been very good at getting to bed on time lately.
When bedtime rolls around and everything’s quiet, my brain suddenly switches into high gear and I can think of a million reasons I should stay awake and get things done!
In fact, I often have more energy at the end of the day, simply because then I can finally THINK!
However, I know I need to make sleep a priority in my life because when I’m not getting enough it’s hard for me to be cheerful. I also know that if I go to bed too late, then it’s harder to get up early and have a productive day.
Getting to bed on time is one of the secrets to a successful morning.
Mom Makeover Challenge Week 2
This week we’re going to be working on implementing some of those ideas and challenging ourselves to get to bed earlier.
For some of you this is going to be a piece of cake (because you’re already successful in this area), but for me this is a huge challenge! As the mom of three teens, my bedtime has been pushed later and later, and it’s going to be like swimming against a strong current to make real progress here. But I’m ready to embrace the challenge. I need more sleep! 🙂
Challenge for This Week
There are three action steps for this week:
- Create an evening/before-bed routine (see mine here). This routine gives focus to the hours before bed, and it helps your body realize that bedtime is coming soon.
- Plan to be in bed 30 minutes earlier than your usual bedtime (skip this step if you already get to bed on time!). If you do this each week (adjusting your bedtime to be 30 minutes earlier each week), then eventually you’ll be at your target bedtime!
- Continue to work on renewing your mind this week.
Other Posts in The Mom Makeover Challenge series:
- The Mom Makeover Challenge Week 1: Renew Your Mind
- Week 1 Progress Report: 5 Bible Verses for Hard Times
- The Mom Makeover Challenge Week 2: Make Sleep a Priority
- Week 2 Progress Report: How to Get to Bed on Time
- The Mom Makeover Challenge Week 3: Prioritize Exercise
- The Mom Makeover Challenge Week 4: Overhaul Your Wardrobe
- Week 4 Progress Report: Nothing to Wear? Shop Your Closet!
- The Mom Makeover Challenge Week 5: Update Your Look
- Week 5 Progress Report: What’s in My Makeup Bag
- The Mom Makeover Challenge Week 6: Cultivate Delight
- Week 6 Update: Making Time for Mother Culture
How is your mom makeover coming? I’d love to hear about it! Do you have difficulty getting to bed on time (or is it just me)?