We’ve made it to Mom Makeover Challenge week 4! This week we’re going to give our wardrobes a complete overhaul and organize the closet.
Mom Makeover Challenge Week 4
If you’ve been following along in our Mom Makeover Challenge, we’re finally getting to the week I’ve been waiting for!
This week we’re going to be working in the closet, getting our clothes organized and creating a simple wardrobe that works.
My Closet Needs Help
I’ll just be honest and say that my closet is currently a mess, y’all! Here’s what it looks like right now:
I’ve got a high school graduation gown (that blue thing on the left), a vest belonging to my youngest (to remind me that he needs to wear it before he outgrows it!), and a ton of extra hangers here and there.
About a month ago, we were having summery weather, so I put away most of the winter clothes. But then it got cool again, and now I have some lightweight long sleeve tops and jackets back in the closet.
We don’t have a lot of storage space in our house, and the closets are small. Staying on top of organization is a must. Unfortunately, when things get super busy, my closet gets neglected.
This week I’m hoping to go through everything and get it all organized. My main goal is to create outfits and get rid of anything I never wear and things that don’t look good on me.
Challenge for This Week
- Take everything out of your closet and evaluate each item (trying it on if necessary). If you like the way it looks and it’s comfortable, put it in a pile to keep. If you can’t stand the item (or it doesn’t fit well), put it in a giveaway pile.
- Look at the clothes in the “keep” pile, and see if you can make outfits with each item. It’s a bonus if several of the items coordinate, making your wardrobe more versatile.
- Clean, dust, and vacuum or sweep the closet, and put everything neatly away. Put the giveaway clothes in a bag or box to take to the thrift store or give to a friend. (If the items are in good shape, you can also sell them.)
- Continue working on renewing your mind.
- Continue working on getting enough sleep.
- Keep exercising regularly!
Other Posts in The Mom Makeover Challenge series:
- The Mom Makeover Challenge Week 1: Renew Your Mind
- Week 1 Progress Report: 5 Bible Verses for Hard Times
- The Mom Makeover Challenge Week 2: Make Sleep a Priority
- Week 2 Progress Report: How to Get to Bed on Time
- The Mom Makeover Challenge Week 3: Prioritize Exercise