This pumpkin spice coffee syrup recipe is so perfect for fall.
Enjoy the flavors of the fall season every time you make a cup of coffee!
With just a few simple ingredients, this easy pumpkin spice coffee syrup will transform your regular coffee.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup
As soon as summer ends, many people run out to get a latte made with Starbucks pumpkin spice syrup.
But think how great it would be to make your own at home. This will save both time and money.
Now, I can’t promise this will make your coffee taste just like a true PSL. But you’ll still get a pumpkin syrup that will transform your morning cup of coffee into a special fall drink.
I recently made up a batch of this homemade pumpkin spice sauce, and we used it up within a week.
Now, we do have five kids, and they’re all teens and young adults. And they love coffee.
And while they were adding it to their morning coffee, I was enjoying it swirled into some coconut cream, which was also delicious.
So it was no surprise that I already needed to make another batch! Thankfully, it’s super easy to make.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This easy recipe is perfect for adding pumpkin spice flavor to your morning coffee. Use it to make your own drinks reminiscent of Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes.
All you need to make this are a few basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry (here are the staples I keep in mine).
You’ll then have your very own delicious pumpkin syrup that’s perfect for adding to coffee or other fall-time drinks.
You can also use it as a topping on pancakes, waffles, or ice cream.
And it tastes great swirled into a bowl of yogurt.
If you’re dairy-free, you can also add it to coconut milk or coconut cream.
There are just so many things you can do with it!
Supplies Needed for This Recipe
Affiliate links included below, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure here.
Full ingredients and instructions are found below in the recipe card.
- Brown sugar
- Granulated cane sugar
- Pumpkin puree (canned or homemade pumpkin puree—so easy to make!)
- Pumpkin pie spice (you can learn how to make your own here)
- Vanilla extract (learn how make homemade vanilla extract)
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup
1. Combine water and sugars in a small saucepan. Whisk these together.
2. Bring the water and sugars to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Reduce heat and add pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice to the syrup mixture. Whisk together.
4. Simmer the mixture, whisking occasionally until mixture thickens and coats a spoon.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Pour syrup into a small Mason jar or airtight container. Place lid on jar and store in the refrigerator.
How to Use Pumpkin Spice Syrup
I’ve already mentioned that this makes a favorite fall beverage.
But not only is it a great way to add flavor to your cold brew or hot coffee.
You could also add your own pumpkin spice syrup to hot chocolate topped with whipped cream.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Healthy Pumpkin Waffles
- Pumpkin Oat Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Granola
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup Recipe
- small saucepan
- 8 oz jar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine the water and sugars in a small saucepan and whisk together.
- Bring the sugar mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice to the syrup mixture. Whisk together.
- Simmer, whisking occasionally for about 8 to 10 minutes until mixture has thickened and coats a spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour syrup into a small jar or airtight container. Add lid to jar. Store in the refrigerator or up to two weeks.